Open Sesame - Magically your door unlocks and opens! Operate your door from wheelchair, from bed, or completely hands-free and key-free.
Open Sesame unlatches, opens, and closes a door completely hands-free and key-free when you simply walk or roll up to it using The Butler, with the touch of a button, by voice with the VoiceIR, with a puff of air, wink of an eye, or even wheelchair integrated using any ECU such as the Housemate.
American-Made Quality. Open Sesame is physically one of the smallest door openers on the market relative to its strength and durability which are second to none backed by a SOLID 5 Year Warranty which is only for peace of mind since many users report 10 and even 15 years of service having only changed backup battery once or twice! (including Broadened Horizons President, Mark Felling has 2 Open Sesame's on his home that are 10 years old)
- Unlocks, opens, and closes a door 100% keyless and hands-free with Broadened Horizons' The Butler for Open Sesame, with the push of a button or any ability switch, or by voice command (with any ECU unit, VoiceIR & Housemate).
- Fail Safe - Built-in Battery Backup.
- Operate the door manually just as you always did or even tap button twice for door to stay open such as when carrying packages
- American-Made QUALITY with an unmatched FIVE Year Warranty!
- Attractive - not bulky.
- Security - no more need to leave your door unlocked.
- Optional Wireless Security Keyless Entry Pad - caregiver access by easily changed code.
- Existing Keys continue to unlock the door manually just as they did before.
- Flexibility - Open right or left handed doors (if you move you can take it with you!).
Safety - The system includes a built-in back up battery. Fire and electrical failure often occur simultaneously. Open Sesame, with its battery back-up, allows you to get in and out when you desire it most. Imagine arriving at your home during an electrical storm and finding that a power outage has locked you out because your automatic door won't work. Feel secure with the Open Sesame Door System!
Unparalleled Convenience -- Open Sesame Door System is a door operator that both opens and closes a door. It does not close the door with a spring mechanism as do most other systems. The door closes under power, at your command, allowing the door to be left open indefinitely if you so desire, or even to be left ajar. This is a real advantage when one is transporting groceries or caring for children. Many people use it for letting their pets in and out. People using wheelchairs or individuals in beds cannot usually operate windows, but this system allows them some control of ventilation and room temperature.
Remote Control Transmitter -- Provided with the Open Sesame Door System is a small match box sized device with a special pressure pad on the face that is extremely easy to activate. We can accommodate special modifications to interface the remote and door controls with a wide range of activation devices ( Wall push-pads, X-10 activators, or other environmental controls).
Powerful Automated Strike Plate -- The Open Sesame System allows a locked door to be released through the use of an automated strike-plate. With the Open Sesame command, the door is unlatched and power-opened. The door still continues to function normally and existing keys will also still unlatch the door. Broaden Horizons includes the most powerful "jaw-style opening" strikes through personal experience that release even in winter, under high wind loads, or thick weather-stripping.
Keyless Entry Pad -- An option to the Open Sesame Door System is the wireless keyless entry pad. The entry pad is installed on the outside of the door. It is intended to be used by attendants and care providers and allows easy access to the residence without dispensing keys. The keypad uses a 4 digit combination that can be easily changed at a moment's notice.
Flexibility -- The Open Sesame Door operator is adaptable to many different door arrangements. It can be made to operate with either left-handed or right-handed hinged doors as well as outward opening or inward opening doors. Hence, if you relocate, you can take the unit with you and only minor adaptations will be necessary. Contributing to the ease of installation and re-installation is the fact the Open Sesame is powered by a plug-in wall transformer and all wiring in the system is low voltage. This eliminates the need for costly electrical outlets installed at the site of installation.
Installation -- The Open Sesame Door System can be installed by a general contractor, a locksmith, a security access company, a disabled access specialist, a mechanically inclined individual, or a handyman.
- Free moving door (sticky doors or hard to close doors will trigger the safety mechanism to shut the opener down).
- 110VAC wall power outlet within 10 to 15 feet of the opener.
- The strike plate in the existing door jam will require modification, typically chiseling away some to accommodate the larger electronically controlled strike. Automated electric strike is included with the opener.
If you need assistance please do not hesitate to contact us!