Standard Full Size
16.5" x 5" x 3.5"
20.5" x 6" x 3.5"
1.5" and 1" arcade buttons
2" and 1.5" arcade buttons
Otherwise the standard Full Size and Medium Ultimate Arcade 2's are identical.
Limited Dexterity Arcade Controller for individuals with movement in 1 or both arms but little or no hand/finger dexterity such as: some C4, C5, C6, C7 Quadriplegics, Cerebral Palsy, Amputees of fingers or hand. Designed by Broadened Horizons from the chip level up and custom manufactured in-house with 2 large analog arcade joysticks, and 18 extra-large accessible arcade buttons + internally integrated Sip-n-Puff or Bite Hands-free Switches allowing you to zoom in and fire a gun without ever taking your hands off the joysticks!
The Ultimate Arcade 2 is designed by a quadriplegic for quadriplegics. It represents the culmination of Broadened Horizons unique experience empowering individuals with upper extremity limitations to play 100% of the games across all platforms WITHOUT limitations. Our mantra: you can go anonymously online and compete as an equal and NO ONE knows your disabled until you whoop their butt and decide to brag that your fingers are completely nonfunctional!
This revolutionary game controller was a huge development effort incorporating everything we wanted to improve upon since the version 1 Ultimate Arcade arrived on the scene in 2009. Even the ergonomic's were considered so the controller can comfortably sit on your lap with the joysticks straight out in front of your shoulders reducing the hunch over affect and resulting back pain quads often experience with limited muscles in the upper back, chest.
100% Game Compatibility across EVERY Gaming Platform:
PlayStation's, Xbox's, Wii/U, Android, and PC/Mac/Linux
- Native Support for PS3 (PlayStation 3), Android, and PC / Mac / Linux computer via simple USB plug.
- Support for Xbox 360 via our 4-in-1 game controller adapter - requires a Wired Xbox 360 Controller
- NEW support for PlayStation 4 - requires CronusMax Plus Adapter
- NEW support for Xbox One - requires CronusMax Plus Adapter
- Native support for PS2 (PlayStation 2) with an optional wire (no adapters)
- Native support for Nintendo Wii, Wii U, and GameCube Classic Controller with an optional wire (no adapters)
- Can be used for retro gaming on NES, Nintendo 64, Sega, Sega Genesis, and more - requires custom integrated adapter (Contact Us)
- Can be used control other systems with a variety of button, and joystick inputs such as RC Cars, Boats, & Airplanes - requires custom integrated adapter (Contact Us)
Incredible Features include:
- Flip the Left Joystick to the right and the right Joystick to the left. Perfect for individuals who have better, more dominant control in one arm over the other
- Increase or Decrease the sensitivity of the Left or Right joystick. Phenomenally improves gameplay when all movement is coming from one's shoulders. For Example Grand Tourismo racing features extremely sensitive proportional joystick movements of your thumbtip to control steering making fine control for a quadriplegic extremely difficult and crashing frequent. By reducing the sensitivity allows gamecontroller to adapt the users unique abilities to the game designers intent. Alternatively increased sensitivity works well when controlling joystick with one's mouth reducing head movement.
- 100% Remapping of ANY Button, integrated Sip-n-Puff, or External Ability Switches. No software or other complexities such as plugging into a PC. Simply (1) push the program button followed by (2) the button you want to move, followed by (3) the button location where you would like to move it to. Simple and intuitive creation of a custom layout exactly to your preferences and abilities even during the middle of gameplay.
- Latching Mode can be assigned to ANY Button, integrated Sip-n-Puff, or External Ability Switches. Latching Mode causes the button to function a light switch , it holds itself down until you press it again to release. Invaluable for holding down the gas in a racing game or zooming the scope in a first-person shooter.
- Adjustable Speed Rapid Fire on ANY Button, integrated Sip-n-Puff, or External Ability Switches allows you to simply hold down a button instead of having to push it repeatedly very fast which many individuals using this controller would be unable to do quickly.
- Internally integrated hands-free Sip-n-Puff or Bite switches that can be assigned to ANY button. As an example, when your hands are busy operating the joysticks you can still fire the gun hands-free.
- 2 additional trigger buttons added below the left analog joystick so when your hand is occupied moving the right joystick to aim the gun in a first-person shooter your left-hand can be used to fire the gun or zoom in the scope.
- Support for Versatility external analog joysticks ideal for individuals with good movement only in 1 arm, allowing the second joystick to be controlled with mouth, or chin, foot, or even Head Motion! External joysticks also can be programmed with adjustable sensitivity or foot from left to right same as internal joysticks.
- Jacks for up to 4 additional ability switches over and above the integrated Sip-n-Puff switches. Perfect for foot pedals for gas and brake for individuals limited by cerebral palsy with some leg movement, or the Dual Sensor Switches on a headband to control the game by winking your eyes, raising an eyebrow, or the flick of any other body movement!
- Firmware can be reprogrammed/flashed by plugging the Ultimate Arcade into a computer. This allows us to reprogram them if there was a problem ever discovered, or a compatibility issue with new firmware on the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 which was something I encountered on the PlayStation 3 firmware upgrade to version 3.5.
- Auxiliary 25-pin port with full support for custom solutions, retro gaming back to the original Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Sega, Sega Genesis, RC Remote Control Vehicles, Quadcopters, etc. or even future compatibility required integration to new unanticipated systems.
User Manual - updated April 2015