In order to file your claim, you need to know your tracking number and ship date.
- Enter tracking number and ship date
- Specify your claim type: damage or loss
- Complete the online claims form
- Verify information entered and submit the claim form
- Print 2 copies of the final confirmation page. Keep one copy for your own reference.
- Gather the following documentation (if required):
- Photocopy of FedEx Airbill/FedEx Ship Manager printout and/or FedEx Ground Pick-up Record
- All documentation related to the proof of value (e.g., copy of original invoice from vendor/supplier, copy of retail invoice/receipt, final confirmation screen if online order with proof of payment, itemized repair invoice or statement of non-repair, appraisals, expense statement, or any other applicable documentation)
- Serial number(s) of merchandise, if applicable
- Submit your supporting documents using one of the following options:
- Option 1: Attach your supporting documents online. (This option is available when you file your claim online.)
- Option 2: Fax or mail one of the printed confirmation pages (from step 3) with your supporting documentation to:
Cargo Claims Dept.
P.O. Box 256
Pittsburgh, PA 15230
If you fax your claims, you will receive a confirmation by return fax.
Call customer service at 1.800.GoFedEx (1.800.463.3339) to schedule an inspection if instructed to do so.